Thursday, September 2, 2010

Making Room

I have been making room--physically and spiritually--in spite of myself and, in some small ways, intentionally. Sabbatical feels like a time to open up space to receive the mysteries of God's grace. If you don't have the space, grace might bounce back to the sender. I ordered some new, colorful binders made from recycled materials, from a place called "Naked Binders." An apt description for the three months ahead! As I put the new binders in my study, I let go of a stack of documents, along with a few boxes of books. While I was in the mood to clean out, I put a bottle of laundry detergent we've had for months in the car; we can't use it because it's not HE (I failed to read the fine print, which seems to get harder and harder to do). I took it to the local "waste convenience center" and left it on the shelf designated for reusable items. The kind man who works there told me, "someone will pick it up." I hope so. And I'm thankful for a place to transfer things I don't need--so that I can make room.

No comments:

Post a Comment